I once made this delicious meal, and even prepared some for my colleagues and my bro. They too loved it 😉
I later posted this recipe on my previous blog, so now posting it again here 😉
- 12 fresh sheets of lasagna pasta
- 400 g ricotta cheese
- 150 g fresh spinach
- 50 g sun dried tomatoes
- 500 g of chopped tomatoes
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- ½ chopped onion (optional)
- 2 tbs thyme
- Some chili flakes (optional)
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 125 g of grated mozzarella cheese (or more, if you want to)
The tomato sauce
- Heat a pan, and add some olive oil and add the onion and garlic.
- Once the onion and garlic is cooked, add the chopped tomatoes, salt, tyme and chilli (or pepper).
- Let it cook for about 5 min.
- Preheat the oven at 180° Celsius (convection oven).
- Spread some olive oil in a baking pan (30 x 25 cm). Then spread the half of the tomato sauce in it.
- In a bowl, mix the ricotta cheese with the fresh spinach (of course thoroughly rinsed), (cut) sundried tomatoes and some salt.
- Take one sheet of pasta, and add some of the ricotta mixture (I used about a tbsp.) and roll it up. Place it in the pan.
- Repeat step 4 for the rest of the pasta.
- Now, spread the rest of the tomato sauce, and top it with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the cannellonis until the cheese has melted.
That’s it 🙂