I made this yummy veggie lasagna for my family, when I visited my parents – and it was lovely 🙂
- 800 g chopped tomatoes (2 boxes/cans)
- 1 eggplant, sliced (if you want it easy, cut the eggplant into cubes, and add it to the sauce)
- 2 carrots, cut into cubes
- 250 g mushroom, sliced
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons of tomato puree
- Some fresh basil
- Salt & pepper (or chili)
- 2 teaspoons of virgin olive oil
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 250 g of grated cheese (I used grated mozzarella)
Preheat the oven at 180°C degrees (on convection oven)
First, let’s make the tomato sauce:
In a pan, heat the olive oil, and add the onion and garlic, and let it cook till it turns golden and soft.
Now add the cut carrots, mushrooms (and if it’s the easy version, also add the cubed eggplant here), and let it cook for another 5 min., and then add the tomato puree, chopped tomatoes, salt and pepper and 2 dl of water. Stir and let it cook for about 15 min. on low heat. Now add the basil leaves.
The non-easy version: While letting the sauce cook, you can use this time for roasting the sliced eggplant till they turn soft. Alternatively they can also be grilled. Once roasted, put it aside.
Now it’s time for layering the lasagna:
- Layer 3 lasagna noodles in a 25 x 35 cm baking dish
- Add the sauce (let it cover, you should use half of the sauce)
- Add the eggplant slices (the non-easy version)
- Add some lasagna noodles
- Add the rest of the sauce
- Add the cheese
Let the lasagna bake for about 35 min (do check, the cheese should be melted and golden).
Buon appetito! 🙂